Chef Time!

Chef Time!

Saturday, December 26, 2015

So…I’ve been thinking

You know I love you. Right? You know I would never bring you any harm or ill will. But when It comes to being in the kitchen, there are things that are beyond my control. Just remember, that whatever comes out of the kitchen, it is with love and nothing more.
For you should by now know, that what I do in the kitchen is purely out of my love for you.



If I decide to just nix this whole blogging thing and instead open a hot chocolate truck and drive around the country, would you guys support that decision? I need to know these things before I hit the open road. That way, I could come to you and deliver you your hot chocolate flavor of choice. We might even sell tacos, too. I don’t know. I haven’t really thought about it. (cough cough)
But in all honesty, if you thought hot chocolate was a good idea, this super rich peanut butter hot chocolate will completely blow you away.
It blew me away! So much so that I actually purred when I tried it while standing over the stove.
Wait, what?
I’m sure I’m not the first person to think of this so I can hardly take credit for such a delicious, creamy, mouth-watering, decadent creation of the gods.
It’s like drinking a chocolate bar covered in peanut butter—definitely a dessert in and of itself and best topped with fresh whipped cream and salted roasted peanuts.
And if your jeans feel tight after drinking this, it’s best just to blame the dryer. And then use that as an excuse to go shopping.
I’m doing this because I love you.
I promise I’ll feature something healthy with vegetables in it soon. Just not today.

Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate

1 cup milk
1 tbsp. peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Whisk together milk, cocoa powder, vanilla and sugar in a small pot on the stove. Bring to a simmer and then add the peanut butter, stirring well to get rid of any clumps.
Pour into your favorite mug and serve with whipped cream and salted peanuts!

No comments: