Chef Time!

Chef Time!

Friday, February 20, 2015

Chicken Curry With A Surprise

I love how cocoa enhances the many flavors, when it is used in my dishes. It seems that I can never stop finding ways, to incorporate cocoa. Whether it's in my red sauce for pasta, to give it a more robust roasted flavor. Or as a seasoning for my barbecue sauce of rubs. The list goes on and on.
I thought that it would be an excellent addition to my curry dishes, and I was amazed as to how well it turned out in this chicken curry dish. My taste buds were doing the Irish jig with each bite.
So, from my kitchen to yours, here is the recipe for you to try. Enjoy and happy eating.
 
 

Chocolate Curry Chicken
2 tbsp. oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ red pepper, in strips
1 small zucchini, cubed
1 tbsp. curry powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. cocoa powder
2 tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. chili powder
3-4 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
1 can (14 oz.) unsweetened coconut milk
½ c. almonds
Salt and pepper to taste

Sauté onion, garlic, red pepper, and zucchini in oil until soft and translucent. Add curry powder, cocoa, cinnamon, ginger, and chili and mix well. Add chicken to pan and mix together for a few minutes with spices until brown on all sides. Add coconut milk, almonds, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until chicken is cooked though, about 10 minutes.

No comments: