Chef Time!

Chef Time!

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Something Strange Is Cooking In My Microwave

I wanted to see for myself, if this can really be done. I never in a million years dreamt that I would actually do something like this. But guess what? I did it and I was truly amazed with the results. I actually had crispy chicken cooked in a microwave!
Now I'm not talking about reheating leftover chicken, I'm talking of actually cooking a chicken from raw to done in just 7 minutes.
Impossible you say? No, nothing is impossible. You can really get crispy chicken without frying! Imagine not having grease splattered everywhere, or getting burn from the splatter. Serve it with a (you guessed it) baked  potato and vegetables.



Crispy Chicken In a Microwave

1 large chicken breast, boneless
1/4 c. Milk
3 tbsp. Cornflakes, finely crumbled
Pinch of salt
Pinch of rosemary or coriander
Dash of pepper

Rinsed and dry chicken. Dip in milk. Mix cornflakes with the rest of the ingredients. Roll chicken in the crumbs to coat. Place chicken on a microwave safe roasting rack. Cover with a paper towel. Microwave 4-6 minutes or until it is no longer pink in the center of the thickest part.
Enjoy!

No comments: