Chef Time!

Chef Time!

Monday, October 27, 2014

A Recipe From History, Early 1900s

I've always enjoyed seeing vintage recipes, for they are quite fascinating.When I saw this recipe, it seemed to jump out at me and say "try me"! So I did, but I made a little change in one of the ingredients and changed as to how it was to be served. I hope that I did this recipe with justice, for it is truly a wonderful dessert to serve.





Orange Velvet Cream

1 c. sugar
1 c.water
whites of 2 eggs
1 c. orange juice
juice of 1 lemon
1 pint cream whipped

Boil sugar and water until it threads; cool slightly and add gradually to the stiffly beaten whites of eggs, beating steadily for three minutes; add fruit juice, and when cool fold in cream. Freeze, and serve in glasses garnished with candied orange peel and a few mint leaves.

No comments: