Chef Time!

Chef Time!

Friday, August 1, 2014

Pop Pop Goes These Tasty Tarts!

The first time I had one of these tasty pies, I was hooked. I can't seem to get enough of them, until I realized just how simple they are to make. So guess what? I save myself a lot of money by making my own to feed my addiction. Ha ha.
These treats are fun to make with the kiddies too, for it can be a family tradition.
Just follow the few simple steps and you be in pop tart heaven in no time.


Homemade Pop Tarts

1 pkg. Ready made pie crust, or you can make your own
1 can or jar of fruit filling of your choice
1 c. Powdered sugar
2-3 tsp. Milk

Preheat oven to 425. Line cooking sheet with parchment paper.
Take the pie crust sheets and lay them flat on a cutting board. Square off the edges and cut the crusts into squares. Put 1 teaspoon of the filling in the center of a square and then topped with another square. Crimp all four sides to seal the tarts. Repeat this step until you have used all of the crusts.
Bake in the oven for 7-8 minutes or until slightly browned. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. 
Meanwhile, prepare your glaze by adding milk to the powdered sugar one teaspoon at a time. Until you reached the desired consistency. Sprinkle with decorative sugar if desired. Enjoy!

No comments: