Chef Time!

Chef Time!

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Battling The Bulge and Losing.

I keep telling myself, not to indulge in eating too much sweets, but gosh darn it! I just can't help myself. For when it comes to making fudge, I'm weak and I'm proud of it. For how can you say no, to such delicious sweet fudge?
Whether its chocolate, peanut butter or any other fudge, it is so very hard to say no. Especially if it's Brown Sugar Fudge.
This is one of my favorites to make during the holidays or just when I have a craving for sweets. Its simple, quick and delicious.


Brown Sugar Fudge

3 c. Brown sugar
2 tbsp.corn syrup
3/4 c. Evaporated milk
2/3 c. Sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 c. Peanuts, crushed (optional)

In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients except peanuts, bring to a boil over medium high heat. Stirring until the sugars dissolved. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently. About 30 minutes.
Transfer to a bowl. Stir in peanuts if so desired and beat until the fudge is thick and smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
Pour into an ungreased square pan. Gently score the top of the fudge to the size you want to cut. Refrigerate uncovered, until firm enough to cut, about 30 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments: