Chef Time!

Chef Time!

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Southern Delights. That's Where My Love of Sauces Lie!

Most people, when they think BBQ sauces, they think of the red and bold sauces like KC or other sauces. Now don't get me wrong, but they are all fine and dandy. But I have to admit, the the south has prevailed to be true contenders.
During my many travels, I have had different styles and flavors of BBQ sauces. But nothing has ever embedded itself in my memories and tastebuds, than a white BBQ sauce. It has stolen my heart for good.
Since then, I have made this sauce more times than I can remember and still not be tired of it.


White BBQ Sauce

2 c. Mayonnaise
1 c. Apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp. Lemon juice
3 tbsp. Black pepper
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper

Mix all the ingredients in a processor and pulse until well blended. The chill in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours before grilling. Brush on chicken, turkey, or pork  lightly.
This sauce is also an excellent dipping sauce too, so be sure to make enough to set on the table. Enjoy!

No comments: