Chef Time!

Chef Time!

Monday, July 7, 2014

Look Out Colonel Sanders! I'm back!

Yes I am back with more and better fried chicken recipes, so I would suggest the the Colonel should step aside and let's start cooking.
Whenever summer comes, I always think of picnics. Then when I think of picnics, I think of fried chicken. Then when I think of fried chicken, I think of buttermilk fried chicken. Whew! That's a lot of thinking and now I'm hungry.
I have developed a recipe for buttermilk batter for fried chicken, which is quite simple and very versatile. You can add any kind of seasonings to it and never go wrong. Enjoy, and have a safe summer.



Buttermilk Batter Fried Chicken

1 c. Flour
1/2 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 c. Buttermilk

Mix together the dry ingredients. Combine egg and buttermilk, then add to dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
Heat 1-2 inches of oil in a skillet.  Dip chicken pieces into batter and then into the hot oil. Cook until golden brown and tender, about 7-10 minutes.
You can serve with honey drizzled over the chicken or with buttermilk gravy. 

No comments: