Chef Time!

Chef Time!

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Help! I'm Having A Snack Attack!

Yes! I'm under attack, I'm craving for something light and healthy. Now as many of you already know, I have always been one for eating healthy. But growing up, my grandmother would try to come up with clever ways, to get me to eat my veggies. Now, I eat them in so many different ways, that it even amazes me as to how simple and healthy they really are.
But you're probably saying, but why parsnips? Or, any other vegetable for that matter. Well, if you have kids, and you're concerned that they aren't eating healthy enough. Well then there's your answer.


Parsnip Chips

2 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced thin
Oil for frying, I like to use canola, but you can use what you like
Salt, sea or kosher for frying

Heat oil to 350.
Add chips in small batches. They fry fast, so don't leave them unattended. Cook for 20-30 seconds per batch. That should get you a nice golden brown in color. Place on paper towels to drain excess oil. Season with salt.
OR
you can preheat oven to 350. Line a cooking sheet with parchment paper. Then in a bowl, add chips, one tablespoon of oil and enough salt to coat when tossed together. Then place a single layer of chips on the cooking sheet and bake, about 6-8 minutes. Remove and place chips on a cooling rack. They will continue to crisp as they cool.

Enjoy!

No comments: