Chef Time!

Chef Time!

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Fall Is Coming!

Yes, fall is coming!
I love fall season more than any other season. It's not too hot and not too cold. But most of all, I love the colors.
With fall, I think of Halloween and Thanksgiving. I think of candy apples and caramel apples. Hot chocolate and many more wonderful delights.
But today, while thinking of fall, it came to mind that I need to come up with a delicious treat for my readers. Well, I did just that. I went and combined the flavor of baked apples, caramel apples and hot cider into one delicious and sinful delight!



Hot Caramel Apple Cider





6 apples, to make into apple glasses
3 c. Apple juice
1 c. Orange juice
3 tbsp. Caramel topping, ice cream topping works well
1 tbsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Allspice
6 cinnamon sticks, for garnish

Preheat oven to 325.
Slice tops off the apples. Scrape out the core of each apple (a meal n baller works great here), being careful not to go thru the bottom of the apples.. Place the apples cut side up in a 9X13 inch pan and bake for 10 minutes. Allow apples to cool completely.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring to boil, the juices, caramel, cinnamon and allspice. Serve in the apple glasses and drizzle with caramel and garnish with cinnamon sticks. Serve and enjoy!

No comments: