Chef Time!

Chef Time!

Friday, March 7, 2014

Lost Cheesecake

Lost Cheesecake Recipe Found!

 

The other day, I was going thru my recipe files and I came upon a recipe for a Cheesecake. Now, knowing my history, I have a very strong weakness for cheesecakes. How I overlooked this recipe is beyond me, but I was even more surprised to find a photo of the cheesecake as well.  But what bothers me, is that I don't even remember making it. Guess the old age is creeping up on me.


Lemon Basil Cheesecake

Crust:
1/3 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 1/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
1-2 tsp. lemon zest

Blend ingredients in a processor or blender until dough clumps. Press into a 9 inch spring-form pan (bottom only), lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.

Filling:

1/2 c. sugar
1 egg, at room temperature.
1 tsp. vanilla
36 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 tsp. lemon juice
Zest of one lemon

Beat all ingredients together. If you prefer a lighter cheesecake, add another egg. If you want a denser cake, just use the one egg. Pour filling onto prepared crust and bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes, until filling is puffed up slightly and is slightly browned. Upon removing from the oven, sprinkle with the topping (see recipe below).

Topping:
3 tbsp. sugar
5-6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 tsp. lemon zest

Process all ingredients in a blender or processor until thoroughly blended and chopped. Sprinl\kle over cheesecake top after removing from the oven. Allow cheesecake to cool completely before serving. The topping will form a crusty appearance once cheesecake has completely cooled.




No comments: