Chef Time!

Chef Time!

Monday, November 12, 2012

I’m Ready For Summer To Return


Even tho the cold weather is just beginning, I’m already thinking about summertime next year. I have been working on a new barbecue sauce and using it on some chicken, but I had to use the oven to make my barbecue chicken. Oh I know, I could have use the grill outside. But the neighbors already thinks that I’m a little crazy, but I don’t want them getting the white coats after me and have me wearing a tie behind tuxedo.

chicken-manchurian-1

I have tried many, many Barbecue sauces, but I always come back to this one! Using chile sauce in addition to a little ketchup give this sauce extra flavors to tantalize everyone's taste buds!

World’s Awesome Barbecue Sauce
1 c. brown sugar
½ c. chile sauce
½ c. rum
¼ c. soy sauce
¼ c. ketchup
¼ c. Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp. dry mustard
Ground black pepper to taste
In a saucepan over low heat, mix the brown sugar, chile sauce, rum, soy sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, dry mustard, and pepper. Simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool, and refrigerate until ready to use.

No comments: