Chef Time!

Chef Time!

Friday, October 5, 2012

Bread and Butter Will Never Be The Same!

When I was making Apple Butter and Strawberry Butter, my mind began to wonder (sometimes it comes back with souvenirs).
What other ways can I make flavored butter? So…I thought that I would try it with one of my favorite ingredients.
CHOCOLATE! That’s right, I thought I would try and make some Chocolate Butter. I know that there are many recipes out there for this butter, but I wanted to see if I could come up with one to satisfy my love for chocolate.
This is what I came up with and now I’ll never have just plain old’ butter ever again.

chocolate butter

Chocolate Butter
1 Stick of butter (about 8 tbsp.)
1 c. unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
dash of salt
1 c. powdered sugar
2 tbsp. chopped nuts (optional for those who are nut lovers)(not me)
Allow butter to soften at room temperature before placing in processor. Add the chocolate after it has cooled (but not solid), salt and sugar. Pulse until smooth and creamy. Remove butter from the processor into a bowl and fold in the nuts if desired. Can be kept in the fridge for up to one month, but I doubt it will last that long.

No comments: