Chef Time!

Chef Time!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

An Unbelievable Beef Roast


I promised you all, to tell you about the most delicious beef roast I have ever tasted. If you ever had Beef Satay on skewers, then you can truly understand as to how delicious this roast was.
Satay Marinated Beef Roast
I think I need to explain as to why I took a roast and marinated it in a satay marinade. It is very simple. I’m a big guy with a big appetite and I want more than just a little tiny piece of meat on a stick.
I’ll give you the recipe for the marinade, but as to how to cook the roast is completely up to you. I slow-cooked mine in the oven with the temp set at 225, and let it cook all day until dinnertime.
Satay Marinade
This is an excellent Asian-style marinade for beef, pork, poultry, or even seafood. From whole tenderloins or birds to kabobs.
½ c. soy sauce
½ c. rice wine vinegar
½ c. chunky peanut butter
¼ c. cilantro chopped
2 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil or tahini
1 tbsp. ginger, freshly grated
Zest and juice from 1 lime
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp. red pepper flakes
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Pour over meat or vegetables and marinate for 30 minutes to an hour in the refrigerator.

No comments: