Chef Time!

Chef Time!

Monday, September 10, 2012

A Little South Of The Border Today


Here I’m combining to of my favorite ingredients, Chocolate and Coffee (Yummy).
Whenever I prepare a dish using just one of these two ingredients, I get a lot of puzzled looks. So you can imagined the looks I received when I went and used both ingredients together.
I also took a traditional Salsa and gave it my own special touch (Chocolate!), just to throw in a few more of those looks. Unfortunately I will unable to provide a picture of the salsa.

bumbu chicken

Cocoa Coffee Spiced Chicken with Salsa Mole
2 tbsp. ground coffee beans
2 tbsp. Cocoa
1 tbsp. packed light brown sugar
1 ½ to 2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salsa Mole (recipe below)
Cilantro sprigs(optional)
Black beans(optional)
Rice(optional)
Heat oven to 425. Grease baking sheet.
Stir together coffee beans, cocoa,brown sugar, salt and chili powder. Rub chicken pieces with vegetable oil; pat on cocoa mixture. Place coated chicken pieces on prepared baking sheet.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until juices are clear. Meanwhile, prepare the Salsa Mole.
Arrange chicken and salsa on large platter. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired. Serve with black beans and rice, if desired.
Salsa Mole
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 avocado, peeled and diced
1 green onion, minced
1 tbsp. snipped cilantro
1 clove garlic, pressed
¼ c. Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1 tsp. lime juice
Stir together tomatoes, avocado, onion, cilantro, garlic, small chocolate chips and lime juice in medium bowl.

No comments: