Chef Time!

Chef Time!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Surprise Barbeque Recipe!


What’s better than drinking coffee? Cooking with coffee that is. If you are like me, you are finding more ways to enjoy that lovely brew.

Pork-with-Coffee1

2 c. strong brewed coffee
3 tbsp. cider vinegar
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
Trimmed pork tenderloin, 4-5 lb.
¼ c. barbecue sauce
Trim pork tenderloin if needed.
Combine brewed coffee, Dijon mustard, and 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar in a large zip-top plastic bag; add pork. Seal and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. (I have found the longer it marinates the better it will be). Remove pork from bag and discard leftover marinade.
Mix up 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar and 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce. Brush barbecue mix over pork until completely covered. Make sure oven is set and preheated to 425. Cook pork until meat thermometer reaches 160.
When the pork came out of the oven I was surprised by how wonderful it smelt. The idea of mixing coffee, dijon mustard, and barbecue sauce was a little odd even for me, but the moment I took a bite I realized I had a delicious recipe on my hands. You could taste each ingredient in every bite. I was surprised to find that each ingredient also complimented each other.
The pork was juicy, and very tender. You could taste the coffee no problem, but it wasn’t over powering at all. The mustard was very light, which I really liked. I don’t think I would have wanted to use any more mustard than I did. The barbecue sauce was like the icing on a cake. Together these ingredients created a flavor that I never thought would taste good when combined
When the pork came out of the oven I was surprised by how wonderful it smelt. The idea of mixing coffee, dijon mustard, and barbecue sauce was a little odd even for me, but the moment I took a bite I realized I had a delicious recipe on my hands.
I highly recommend that everyone try this recipe. If you do try it, I’d love to hear your thoughts.

No comments: