Chef Time!

Chef Time!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Just When You Thought There Could Be No More


If it were possible to make this dish as healthy as can be achieved, I have also found an alternative recipe. I will soon be celebrating my 54th birthday soon, so I will be needing to watch carefully as to what I eat. I still consider myself a young man, I have come to the realization that I must start monitoring my health a bit more than I have in the past. So, for those in the same boat as me, below is a recipe, which might alleviate some of the guilt of indulging in such a rich, but undeniably satisfying treat.

corn flake fried cheesecake


Corn Flake Fried Cheesecake
Filling
1 slice frozen cheesecake
1 c. buttermilk
1 c. Cornflakes crumbs
Peanut oil (for frying)
Defrost cheesecake slightly. Dip into buttermilk; lift to drain excess liquid. Roll into Cornflakes
Crumbs, pressing slightly to coat cheesecake completely. Refreeze for at least two hours.
Heat peanut oil to 325. Immerse cheesecake completely. Deep fry for approximately 1 minute.
Praline Sauce
1 c. chopped pecans
1 ½ oz. Amaretto
2 ½ oz. light brown sugar
5 oz. heavy cream
Heat pecans in skillet. Add Amaretto and reduce. Add brown sugar and cream. Cook on medium
heat and reduce to half. Pour over cheesecake.

No comments: