Chef Time!

Chef Time!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I Miss The Fall Weather

Pumpkin-Spice-Smoothie-4
Oh heavenly orange squash that marks the first day of fall, how I’ve missed your versatility.
Pumpkins are filled with complex carbohydrates, fiber, anti-oxidants, and vitamin A… but I’ve been avoiding them.
I blame it on end-of-summer-denial syndrome. Yes, it’s something many of us struggle with *tear*
But in an effort to keep up with the times, changed out my closet, and bought me some pumpkin.
Fall, I’ll be ready for you next time you come around.
I wanted to share this recipe last fall, but I forgot to write this down in my computer. In fact I almost forgot it completely, if I hadn’t been going thru my notes today.

Pumpkin-Spice-Smoothie-5

Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
1 c. non-dairy milk – I used unsweetened almond
½ c. canned pumpkin
½ banana
1 tbsp. raisins or 1/2 tsp. maple syrup
½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
Pinch ground nutmeg
Pinch ground cloves
Pinch all spice
Vegan coconut whipped topping – I used 2 tbsp. honey and omitted the vanilla in this batch (optional)
Place everything but whipped topping in the blender. Blend until smooth
Pour into your favorite glass and place a couple tablespoons of coconut whipped cream on top.
Sprinkle with cinnamon if you’d like!

Pumpkin-Spice-Smoothie-recipe

No comments: