Chef Time!

Chef Time!

Friday, December 16, 2011

Do I Have A chicken Dish For You.

Lately, I have been very busy in my laboratory (kitchen), trying out a recipe that I just couldn't get out of my mind. Which brings me to ask all of my loyal readers this question. Have you ever wanted a dish, that is nothing like any other and you just can't seem to let it rest until you make that dish? I have prepared chicken, pork, beef and seafood in so many ways and I now have reached the point that they all taste the same.
So I was thinking, I wanted something sweet but also with a little bit of heat as well. So to make a long story short, I would like for you to try and taste my...



Honey-Habanero Glazed Chicken

4-6 Boneless Chicken Breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil or Vegetable oil
2 c. flour
1/2 c. cornstarch
1 1/2 c. Honey
2 tsp. lemon juice or lime juice
1 Habanero pepper, finely chopped

Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels, absorbing as much moisture as possible.
Allow the breast to reach room temperature. Brush olive oil onto the breast. In a bowl, mix together flour and cornstarch, mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper. In a large deep skillet, heat just enough oil to cover the chicken halfway.
Once the oil is hot, dredge the oiled chicken in the flour mixture for an even coating. (The coating does not have to be heavy). Place the dredged chicken into the hot oil. Cook until very lightly browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet. Allow to cool to handle. Keep the oil hot.
Again, lightly brush olive oil on the breasts, then dredge again in the flour mixture to lightly coat and place back into the oil. Cook until the breasts thru and the juices run clear. While the chicken is cooking, you will begin making the glaze.
In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, mix the honey, lemon juice and finely chopped habaner pepper. Allow to simmer while chicken is cooking.
When the breasts are done, transfer to paper towels to drain excess oil. Then arrange the breasts on a platter or individually on a serving dish. Then before serving, cover the breasts with the Honey-Habanero Glaze and serve.
You can serve this dish with either rice or couscous. I myself served this dish with Duchess Potatoes.

No comments: